Expand my Community achievements bar.

Real Time Project Start Date

Level 2
Does anyone know how to change the setting so that when you are creating a new project, the start date defaults to the current real time instead of the beginning of that work day? (i.e. 1:45 PM instead of 9 AM, since 9 AM would have passed and would not be the true start date?) Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.
5 Replies

Level 3
HI, Have you tried going to "edit project" and changing the planned start date? When you click on the calendar, at the bottom underneath the date on the calendar it has time that you can change? That would be my suggestion. Christine Fecik Creative Traffic Manager Workfront System Admin Elekta

Level 2
Hi Christine! I am able to change the project date itself - i was just hoping there was a default setting somewhere so that any time we created a project, it would start in real time, instead of back dating to the beginning of our work day. hoping to avoid some of the manual date changes each time we start a project ! Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.

Community Advisor
Following... I'd love to know how to change that setting as well, but have the opposite issue. When we convert an issue to a project, the project start time seems to default to whatever time the issue was submitted, so we're manually switching them to 9am. When we leave the defaulted start time, we wind up with tasks that have a due date/time in the middle of the day and our team is screaming because their task is late when they should have the whole day to complete a task.

Level 1
There is no way to do what you describe to my knowledge. Workfront uses the time of day the issue was submitted as the start time. Depending on your queue setup, it might add a day or two, but the time of day stays. When converting to a project or task, simply change the start time and day to what's desired. We use 9:00 am on our desired start time, we select a specific day, and build schedules from there. Our calendar is 9 am to 5 pm. This makes projects easy to task out. When creating a new project that isn't a resolving object of a task or issue, it always sets the time at 9 am to my knowledge. Under project preferences they are only two options, set from start date or completion date. Neither addresses time of day. Christine Barrera Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)

Level 3
Did you ever find a way to change to a default time on a project? I'm trying to find this as well and come to no luck! MarisolCamposCreative