Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofing HTML Emails

Level 10
Hi This has been covered before but I'm hoping to ask again, in the crazy hope that some new solution will reveal itself. The woman responsible for our emails is very frustrated with having to zip the html files before uploading to Proof. We use SilverPop and Movable Ink to create the emails, and apparently there is no way to "view in browser" during that process to easily create a link. The other way, which she also finds to be too much work, is to FTP the files to a test site so she could share a link instead of the zip files. Right now our compromise is that the first round is done via the zip file, and after that we get test emails, which generates so much back and forth, it can be easy to lose track of who asked for what. How do other people manage email approvals? Any and all clever ideas are most welcome. Thanks Jill Ackerman
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
Hi Jill, I'm new here, but I'd like to help because I am also an email designer and I have been using WorkFront for a little bit now without those types of issues. I'm guessing that your designer can't add a view in browser link for test emails? That's the method we usually use, but we also upload html files without zipping when we have emails without view in browser links. I'm not familiar with the software you mentioned so I'm just wondering why the files have to be zipped to be uploaded? Allison Branam Solution Tree

Level 2
I have been able to paste in the email's "view as webpage" link into the proof with some success. Have you tried that? Rae Siebels

Level 10
Hi Thanks for the replies. For whatever reason, SilverPop, the ESP we use, doesn't have the View in Browser link active during the testing stage so we can't go down the road. Also, we build the email in Movable Ink which also doesn't produce a live link to share. We tried again today to upload an HTML file and got an error message, so not sure how you are doing that. It would be the ideal solution but it doesn't work for us. If you have any feedback on what steps you are taking for that, it would be great. Thanks! Jill Ackerman | Director, Product Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com