Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Proof notification defaults changing

Level 10
Hi We intermittently experience an issue where suddently, on Version 14 of a Proof, the default notification/role settings of the users the proof is being shared change. For example, Mary is the project manager and her default is to be Reviewer+Approver with Decisions email notifications. It works fine and then on Version 14 Mary's settings are Reviewer and Disabled notifications. Does anybody know what actions during the upload process (other than someone manually changing the settings which I am confident is not happening) would cause Proof to change someone's settings? Thanks for any insight into this. It's driving everyone nutty and I can't get to the bottom of it. Jill Ackerman
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Out of curiosity, did you guys use an automated workflow template on this proof? We had an issue where people's settings changed between versions and realized one of the super users did that on the template. Instead of uses the default notifications for the user, they selected Disabled. Also, remember that users can change their own email notification settings via the proof viewer now in the Settings area on the left. We've had a few proof owners confused when they see a weird email notification setting now. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
No we don’t use automated workflows so it’s not that. There is the step where the designer has to delete everyone shared from the previous version and only share it with the project manager (the one whose setting is changing) plus their boss and maybe one or two others internally. Could be happening then. I feel it must be something about how the designer uploads the proof, or something in the deleting of all the previous reviewers, but I can never get them to repeat for me exactly what they’ve done, because inevitably they are working remote and the next time I see them they don’t remember and I can’t replicate it, or the scenario isn’t exactly the same, but it happens more often than I expect. Also, I can’t change the settings within the proof viewer, only on the details tab in Workfront. Are you talking about the interactive viewer?

Level 2
hi, Jill - just curious, is there a reason the designer is uploading the proof, rather than the project owner? we found that it was easier if they simply sent an update to the project owner with the file path to the proof, and the project owner uploaded/generated the proof. it prevents the designers from "owning" the proof, and all that entails. Tracy Brunet Costco Wholesale Corporation

Level 10
To close this loop, Support's response was that the user didn't use "add recipient" but shared the public link instead which is why those people weren't added to the workflow. I had my user show me how she shares, and she did it correctly using "add recipient." I have drilled into them, and they each have learned the hard way, that any other method of sharing causes problems that eat up hours out of their day (and mine). So there's no resolution, we can't repeat it, and I don't know what exactly happened. They say that the loss of the SOCD on the notifications will be fixed next week. As an added anecdote, I lost a good training method when Proof changed the language from Share/Share to Share/Add Recipient. We used to sing it to each other to remember that's what you have to do. "Share Share!!" It was like birds chirping.

Level 10
There's not a very compelling reason other than it saves some time as it's the Designer's last step and to contact the marketing manager that it's ready, where before they used to send a PDF via email. The main reason is it's one fewer step than the designer notifying the marketing manager with the location of the PDF and making them upload which is an increased burden on their workload and to keep with the designers a feeling ownership in some part of the process and not just being design robots.

Level 10
P.S. I add my last reply to the wrong thread. Sorry about that. Jill Ackerman

Level 5
Hi Tracey, Quick question- when your designers send an update with the file path to the pdf- what does that mean exactly- is the pdf on a design server? We're about to start using the proofing functionality- and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way for the PM's to get the file from the designers. tks! Karen Karen Rutz Harvard: Alumni Affairs & Development