Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Approval Report - Issue Data via Text Mode

Employee

Hi there community!!

I'm putting together a Proof Approval report and need to be able to filter by various Issue statuses.  Currently, I have a text mode filter for a specific Project (Queue) ID as well as if the approval is ready to be approved - but I'm missing the ability to filter on this report type on issue based data.

Any text mode or assistance anyone has in this area?

Thanks!

Scott McKell

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you tell us a little more about what you're trying to achieve with this report? All I can see to do would be to use an exists statement that would pull in information that lives on documents where the current version ID is equal to the proof approvals document version ID. This is all well and good but I think it will limit results to current proofs only, and not prior version proofs.

Employee

Hello Skye - essentially, the customer is looking a report that will show them (the logged in user) proofs that need their approval based on the status of the issue since the are attaching these proofs to the issue object.

It's really just a matter of bringing in issue level data fields into the reports - which I have already done.  Now, it's just providing the filter for only certain issue statuses.

Hope that helps.  You are right, though - it would be an exists filter, just not sure all the right syntax.

Community Advisor

I think what I suggested would work -- it would only give you the current version but frankly, if your logged-in user missed the boat on an earlier version then that's probably not needed any more. So taking what I suggested, sample code might look roughly like this:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU
EXISTS:a:currentVersionID=FIELD:documentVersionID
EXISTS:a:opTask:status=BLAHBLAHBLAH

Employee

Thanks Skye!  That works great - the only last piece is how do I include multiple statuses?  Comma separation or anything?

Community Advisor

if you're ever confused about it, just pull up an issue report and filter on the statuses, and then go to text mode and see what you get.

I'll go ahead and give you the answer, which is to separate them with a tab (easier to copy/paste from an issue report, in my opinion).