Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Approval Report for Open Projects

Level 1
I have built a Proof Approval (from Proof HQ) report with the following columns: Proof Name Approver Approver Decision Document Version Proof Owner Project Name of where the Proof is attached Project Status of where the Proof is attached The report is great, BUT it's showing proofs associated with completed projects, which is making the report quiet long. Is there any way to filter out the completed projects? All the pre-loaded filters are all for the proof side of things. Thanks! Emily Musterman Kindred Healthcare
5 Replies

Level 4
Hi Emily, We use an EXISTS filter to only show proofs where the project status is Current. EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU EXISTS:a:project:status=CUR EXISTS:a:project:status_Mod=in EXISTS:a:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID The catch with this filter is that Workfront doesn't support the EXISTS statements anymore so if it stops working then we are all out of luck. I would suggest up voting my company's idea in the idea exchange about adding project filters for status to the Proof Approval report https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z0000004VtAAAU/detail Hope this helps! Thanks, Jessie Jessie Shultz Mercy Health

Level 2
Hi - Noob here! So where exactly does this EXISTS statement live? In the Report Filters? Also, do I need the entire code above or just that project status statement? Here is my current setup for our Proof Report: documentVersion:proofedByUserID=$$USER.ID documentVersion:proofedByUserID_Mod=in isAwaitingDecision=false isAwaitingDecision_Mod=eq isCurrentDocumentVersion=true isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq TIA!! Stephanie Stephanie Bayard Oticon

Level 2
Hi Emily, Would you be willing to share more info on this report? We have a similar report and though it filters out pending approvals it is getting quite long - and we only launched two days ago! Stephanie Bayard Oticon, Inc.

Level 4
Hi Emily, I'm not the best with text mode, the syntax, and what needs to be included. But, I think that you will need to add all four of the lines of text mode to use the EXISTS statement. We use this on a Proof Approval report and this is our full line of text mode for the Filters of the report. EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU EXISTS:a:project:status=CUR EXISTS:a:project:status_Mod=in EXISTS:a:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID isCurrentDocumentVersion=true isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq requester:ID=$$USER.ID requester:ID_Mod=in Something we have also found handy with the Proof Approval report is having the Project name in the View so that the users know what project the proof is attached to. When you go to add a new Column in the View part of the report, select "switch to text mode" and add these lines of text mode: displayname=Project Name linkedname=documentVersion namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion namekeyargkey.1=documentID querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name textmode=true valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name valueformat=HTML I hope this helps! Thanks, Jessie Jessie Shultz Mercy Health

Level 7
My proof approval report is mostly the default and I don't see any completed projects Proof approval > is current document version - equal - true Proof approval > approver ID - equal = $$user.id Proof approval > awaiting decision - equal - true I have some custom text mode columns to indicate which artist uploaded it and who is the project owner, I also have a text mode portfolio grouping. I find the necessity of text mode really frustrating and tiring - the fact that 'proof approval reports' can't easily report on non-related objects is super annoying! Richard Carlson Behr Paint Company Santa Ana, CA