Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proof Approval Decision Formatting Discrepancy ("Approved" vs "approved")

Level 2

I have created a Proof Approval Report in which I have included a column for "Approver Decision". On certain decision types, the formatting of the decision is different - some display "Approved" while others display "approved", some display "Pending" while others display "pending". 

I have investigated every point of possible difference in these (the workflow template, the proof decision types available, the user, the proof creator, etc) and there is no commonality between the ones that display differently than others. 

Is this something that others have seen? If so, is there any way to alter the outliers to be consistent with the majority so my report looks a bit cleaner? My thought was to attempt this with a Fusion automation but I don't believe I can achieve this with Fusion. 

I have reached out to support but there hasn't been an answer to what the cause may be. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @LaramieNewbs - I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the discrepancy in the capitalization annoying, lol! I usually use Add a Column Rule on the report to get all the values to be the same.

VictoriaLinn_0-1709132195477.png

Level 2

I love this workaround for how the text displays!

Have you been able to use that column with the rules to successfully create a grouping that can be used as a value in a chart view of the report? I've been able to create a grouping (via text mode, not through column rules) but the inconsistent values still display wrong in a chart. 

Community Advisor

I unfortunately haven't for charts...the limitation that the grouping text mode doesn't correlate is a bummer.

Level 2

@VictoriaLinn - I just heard back from WF Support on this issue. They will not be digging into this to identify and correct the issue - they are only dedicating resources to proofing for system breaking issues. 

"My internal teams have stated that when it comes to dedicating development resources to proof, only system breaking issues are being prioritized. This is because Proof is planned to be deprecated once we move to Frame.io, no ETA on that."

Not having a fix for the issue and not having an ETA on the future replacement system is definitely a bummer and super disappointing. 

Community Advisor

Thanks for letting me know the reply here!