Expand my Community achievements bar.

Projects Filter Item Missing in Search and Can no Longer Filter by "Current" or "Complete" Status

Level 4
See attached.... Projects Filter Item Missing in Search and Can no Longer Filter by "Current" or "Complete" Status (some company info redacted)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10
hey Douglas, where in your project is the "32486" being stored? Is this a custom field on the project custom form, or are you maybe searching in the project's reference number for this number? -skye

Level 4
Hi Skye, 32486 is an internal SOW job code used to track client work -- its added as the prefix in the project name for all projects tied to this job code. The job code is also added in any customer forms when creating new projects. I always add the job code in the search field ["search all"] and the typically result is I get are a list of "Current" and "Complete" projects under that specific job code, but all I'm getting now in return are "Notes", "Documents" and "Task" items associated with projects, but not the list of projects. Screenshots I provided are results I get when I do a "Search All..." or by selecting the "Project" search. I've seen this bug before but it appears to correct itself or fixed by WF. Also, it appears users can no longer filter by "Current" and "Complete" in the Status dropdown.

Level 10
I can confirm that I am still able to search for projects in my instance, so this problem has not yet manifested here. Were you able to submit a helpdesk ticket, and follow up with a phone call? I usually call and ask for a helpdesk technician to share screens with me so I can immediately show him or her what the issues are in my instance, and they can take screenshots and video of it happening. -skye

Level 10
Whoops, nevermind--I lied--I can't filter by status either. I'll call it in. -skye

Level 4
Thanks for the insight Skye and appreciate the support.

Level 10
Yeah me neither. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 4

Hi Dagmara, Thanks for chiming in... Are you also having issues finding projects using the 'Search' tool (whether it be searching by "ALL" or "Projects". All the users here at LiquidHub (LH) are not able to see 'Projects' using "Search" function. I've attached a couple modified screenshots for reference, but curious to know if this is systemic for all partners or just limited to LH users. Any insight is helpful as I'm going to send an email to HelpDesk0690z000007ZiS6AAK.png

Level 4
My instance returns projects when I select ALL, and if I then select projects I can filter by status if the search returns projects with different statuses. Go figure. Advanced Search is also good for my instance. Anyhow, I seldom search that way anymore. Instead, I added the URL below as a new search engine called "WF" in Manage Search Engines in Chrome Settings. https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/search?objCode=PROJ&allowRedirect=false&query=%s&showResultsPage... Now if I want to find a project, I hit Alt-D, type WF, type space, and the parameter that I want to search on. That's the s in the URL. ResultsPage=false causes the project to open directly if I use a unique parameter such as reference or ID, which is very handy when a user calls about an issue with a specific project: I ask for the reference number and jump right into it. You could add a search engine called WFT :) with objCode=TASK that would search for for tasks. When you perform a search that you like, just add it as a search engine with the query value replaced by %s. ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems

Level 10
Douglas, I got notification today from helpdesk that they fixed it so I can now filter by status. I noticed that Workfront will allow me to search by multiple statuses (and multiple owners), so I let them know that that's silly. Clicking on two owner names, or clicking on two statuses (e.g. click on Archive and Cancel) forces the search engine to search on option 1 AND 2. I can't even enter two owner names or set an object to two statuses, so the results will always be nil. For what it's worth, filter by status now works. Just make sure that if you want to search on different statuses, you click your last status off before clicking a new one on. (options light up as red when selected [Google Chrome]) -skye

Level 10
Skye, Thanks for this update. Let me try it again. Benetta Perry APS