Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project SOW - Ideas

Level 10
Does anyone want to share their SOW template or has anyone used Workfront for submitting SOWs. Would like to hear ideas. Thank you.
5 Replies

Level 1
We were using it to route the SOW to the internal team and gather collective comments. The account manager would then incorporate all comments and send to the client via email. We only use WF internally, we don't give our clients access. Looking into that now.

Level 10
Hi, Kate. Was the SOW document attached for routing or did you use the custom form build?

Level 1
We create them in microsoft word and save as a PDF. We upload the PDF to workfront and comment on that as the final that goes to the client is a PDF and they esign it.

Level 3
We also use a document (Word doc) instead of custom forms largely because users did not like entering lots of data in to a custom form and then losing all of it when there was an internet connectivity issue. At least if the SOW is in a document, none of your data is lost if your internet crashes. ;) Sincerely, Tom Ford, CSPO Marketing Software Administrator Career Builder 200 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL 60601 D: 312-698-0594 M: 312-273-0393 Connect with me at: https://join.me/tomford82

Level 9
We've asked the WF folks for a "save progress" option in the request area for this exact reason, Tom. We're contemplating adding a new data field (radio button) that to allow the user to "save" their request as a draft if they wanted to save their progress. The requester would be able to access their drafted submission just like with any other request they submit. Our request queue administrators would simply ignore the draft submissions until they are switched over to final in that new field. I plan to bring it up again at LEAP but would be great if you have the same need to ping them as well. #saveprogress