Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Report to show Project Status and Date it was changed to that status

Level 10

If this has already been asked and a solution given - please point me to the post.

I want a simple project report to show the status of the project and the date that project changed/moved into that status.

I looked in the API Explorer and I can not file anything related to "changed to" type date field.

Thanks for your help and any pointers.

Maybe you have a workaround solution for this problem/request - if so please share it with me.

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2

Benetta,

This is the calculated field that we use - IF(Status='IMP',IF(ISBLANK(Change to Implementation),$$NOW,Change to Implementation),Change to Implementation)

In this case, we had to create a new custom date field that we called 'Change to Implementation'. This needs to be done/saved prior to adding the calculated field. The calculated field will populate the date field when the status changes to Implementation, of course substitute any of the status keys, CPL, IDA etc., you would need. Keep in mind that this will only work when that status is changed once. So you can't toggle back and forth between status without clearing the field every time.

Hope this helps.

-Daryl

Level 10

Daryl,

For those projects already in the state that I want to report on, will this calculated field work?

I am in the process of doing this now for any future changes, just trying to get the past/current values.

Thanks for this solution.

Level 2

Unfortunately, it will not work for projects already in the status' now.

Level 10

Daryl,

I created a calculated field "Changed to Assign". I did not put any logic into that field.

I put the text mode into the project report - but I got no value.

displayname=Date in Assign Status

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(Status="XQC",IF(ISBLANK(Changed to Assign),$$NOW,Changed to Assign),Changed to Assign)

valueformat=

Did I misunderstand what you did?

Level 2

Slightly, 'Changed to Assign' should just be the name of a date field on a custom form that is attached to all projects. Once that is done - on that same custom form, create the calculated field with IF(Status="XQC",IF(ISBLANK(Changed to Assign),$$NOW,Changed to Assign),Changed to Assign) as its value. Save the form and test by moving a project to Assign and reviewing the custom form of the project - the field 'Changed to Assign' should have todays date in it.

0694X00000AsAr6QAF.png