Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Details ==>Custom Forms Tab Customization Question

Level 10
The custom forms tab can contain multiple forms. Currently, I have 3 forms which are associated with any project created. Is there a way for the user to select which form they are wanting to view/edit. They have authority to see all 3, which needs to remain, but the forms are very long and SEQUENTIAL. It would be nice to only display which form they are wanting to see. The perfect solution is to create 3 tabs and each tab contain each form respectively. Any workarounds are very much needed and appreciated. This is such a critical issue in our team environment. Any help to smooth out this sore spot is greatly appreciated.
13 Replies

Level 3

Hi Benetta, in the drop down at the top of the tab, they should be able to select "Jump to..", see attached. Although depending on their access to the forms in the new form sharing feature some users may not have that option (?).

Another trick we found in the community was the code below which makes links to the custom forms on a report - makes it convenient for users rather than having to navigate to the form tab.

displayname=Custom Form linkedname=direct namekey=

category.name textmode=true tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=customFormsNames valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name

Hope this helps, Ondina0690z000007ZiVUAA0.jpg

Level 10
Ondina, Thanks for your reply. My team does not have the jump to form option - only I have that option. Their license access does not allow for it. Now to discuss the report. I have 247 projects right now, each with the same custom form, but information pertaining to only that project. So would I need to create 247 reports or would one report give who ever is running it all the information, all the fields (over 200), in that report? Please give me a little more details - meanwhile, I am copying this code into a test report.

Level 10
I created a project report, copied this code into the filter section and got an immediate error. Thanks for your additional help.

Level 3
The text needs to go in a new blank column on the project report. It only provides a link(s) to each custom form on each specific project - not each of the fields on the form. You could hard code the filter in the report to current user/or whomever needs to update; or filter by groups of project name or something else to break out your full list of projects.

Level 10
Ondina, Genius. I got this to work. Now that I see what it looks like, I believe I can creatively work with this. Thank you.

Level 10
What part of the text do I change in order to only display the link to 1 of the custom forms?

Level 3
So glad it worked-probably one of the most helpful tricks I've come across lately! I'm not sure how to only show one form. Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on it.

Level 3
Actually, since each form is a separate link the user should just click the one they need to complete. Perhaps I'm not following.. On Jun 21, 2017 5:44 PM, "Ondina Sturges" < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > So glad it worked-probably one of the most helpful tricks I've come across > lately! I'm not sure how to only show one form. Maybe someone else will be > able to shed some light on it. > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 10
Unless I have something configured incorrectly. No matter which link I click on, all the forms show up in the order in which I created them. F1, F2, F3. If I click on F3's link, everything shows up in the normal order F1, F2, F3 and I have to scroll down to F3. So perhaps, I have something still wrong.

Level 3
Hmmm, I noticed that as well just now. I do remember finding something on here several months ago that I believe opened the form in a popup. Let me look into it and get back to you today, am sure I have it saved somewhere!

Level 3
Hi Benetta, I finally found the original post here: https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/post=6620#p6620. I tested and regardless which form link you click, it takes you to the top. This particular code however, does open the form in a pop-up which may be more convenient for users...? Here's the code: displayname=Click to Edit linkedname=direct namekey=category.name tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=objectcategoriesNamesString valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name Big thanks to Doug Den Hoed for the original post!

Level 10
Ondina, I replied to that original posting, Maybe Doug can tell me how to specify the name of 1 specific custom form. Thank you for taking out the time to research this and help me.

Level 9
Hi Benetta - You might want to consider voting for this Idea as it's related - customizing the project details screen: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSegAAG/detail Jennifer Stevens Disney Financial Systems