Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Predecessors not working

Level 4
Hi, We've noticed that when we change a date to one task, the other dates don't change even though there are predecessors with those tasks. We even try "Recalculate timeline" and that doesn't help. Does anyone have any fixes for this? thanks Jennfer Jennifer Miklasz Fidelity International
3 Replies

Level 4
Jennifer, Have you looked at the Task Constraint? In order for predecessors to work correctly to change the dates, the best Task Constraint is "As Soon As Possible". If the Task Constraint of a task is Must Start On, Must Finish On, or Fixed Dates, the predecessor will be ignored with respect to changing the dates. If you change a date manually the system will automatically change the Task Constraint to Must Start On or Must Finish On. I always add that field to my view of the tasks in a project for this very purpose and I teach people to use the duration and predecessor to change the date whenever possible before manually changing it...although there are times when it's necessary. Let us know if that helps! Thanks, David
DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 10
I've seen this happen before, but don't recall exactly what it was. I seem to recall having a duration of zero, which can cause issues in the timeline. Narayan Raum "https://suntrustedo.my.workfront.com/dashboard/view?ID=5c1bf1f90046e70adeecf882731a47b9"> Workfront Center of Excellence Delivery Lead Enterprise Data & Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 4
Thank you! Jennifer Miklasz Fidelity International