Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Portfolio Optimizer Missing????

Level 4
My Portfolio Optimizer is missing for all Portfolios... Any idea what I could have done?? Even tried new ones and nothing shows? Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 7
And, it is not under the "More" button? :-) Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 4
Promise I'm not that crazy! Definitely not though :-( Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.

Level 7
I double checked my portfolios and even added a new one, and the optimizer is showing. I'm in Workfront Classic. I also went into Workfront Experience just to see, and the optimizer is showing up there as well. So, not sure what it could be. I was thinking maybe something changed on your layout template..? Other than that, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
I just checked and I'm not seeing it on our instance either. We're also in Classic, and in CL01 if that matters. I checked the Layout Template as well and it's not displaying there to even include.

Level 10
Curious Vic, As below, mine's still here, so it's definitely sporadic. Mind you, I suspect your house is in far better order than mine, so perhaps Workfront recognized that I need it, and you don't... Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
LOL – nah I haven't used it in forever. So it's more likely they removed it because I wasn't using it - "use it or lose it" logic. �� Though our original poster obviously uses it, so not sure what's going on here. Could it be a bug that's cluster specific? I also tried the pre-requisites from this article and created a new portfolio with my own project to meet the requirements and still nothing. > https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-the-Portfolio-Optimizer-356650079#locating-... The article says: The Portfolio Optimizer can only assist you if you have completed the following prerequisites: The Business Cases have been completed on the projects A portfolio is defined for the projects you want to review You provide a budget to represent the total financial cap of the selected projects.

Level 8
It's not a permissions thing? I did a quick test, and if a portfolio is shared with someone with a planner licence but only with 'view' rights, the portfolio optimizer is missing. Only when they have 'manage' rights (and you can disable deleting and sharing under manage) did the optimizer appear. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Level 10
I'm still not seeing it and I'm an Admin. I even went into the Sharing and added myself (which I typically don't need to do as I already have access), but it's still not showing.

Level 4
So, I certainly feel sad, silly & heartbroken! We renewed our licenses and although we've " upgraded" the functionality is no longer available to us due to the package or whatever it is we've got. Extremely disappointing but will hopefully work to get it back quickly. Thanks All! Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.

Level 10
I think I solved the mystery of the missing Portfolio Optimizer. With the licensing change WF implemented this year, it appears it requires a higher plan. We use Pro (which apparently means we lost this feature).