Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Planning - Setting Budget Hours - Future Enhancement?

Level 8
Hi Workfront Community, I'm finding it difficult to use the new planning tool efficiently because you have to first set the project's planned hours as the budgeted hours, and then you have to go one step further to set the user's planned hours as the budgeted hours. Is anyone else finding this to be difficult? Or am I doing this incorrectly? It would be easier for our agency to have the option to set planned as budgeted hours for the project and users at the system level. We always assume planned equals budget and if that's not the case we can update the budgeted hours. There are far fewer projects in our system to update budgeted hours than there are not. Does anybody know if this is a future enhancement (to automatically set planned as budgeted at the system level)? Thanks! Jenn Jennifer Tanabe Director, Project Management Vertical Measures
1 Reply

Level 2

It's sad that you asked this in 2017 and there's still no answer. This is such an unbearable manual task. You can't even build a report to audit it because Project Budgeted Hours don't seem to work in reports. The system relies heavily on certain roles within an organization to keep it going and doesn't seem to mention any of this to leadership who buys it,.