Expand my Community achievements bar.

Planned Cost is different than Budgeted Labour Cost [without Expenses]

Level 5
In this particular case, we have no expenses for the project so based on the definitions in Workfront Help, my Planned Costs should equal the Budgeted Labour Costs as documented in the Business Case but they don't (see screen grabs). Based on my calculations I am looking for a 0.95 hours discrepancy whereby the cost difference is $48.45 and our internal labour rate is $51 ($48.45/$51=0.95 hours if I did my math right). I have tried to run a task report comparing types of hours (planned, actual etc), but I can't see any combination that creates the difference. Although only a small difference, if I can't explain this to Finance if asked then how might be able to explain a larger difference if it happens. Thoughts? Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
3 Replies

Level 8
The business case cost is based on the resource estimates. These can be different to the planned hours. If you add the project to the (legacy) capacity planner, you can 'set budget to schedule' which updates the resource estimate hours based on the tasks you've added to the project. If the hours match, I believe the business case is purely role hourly. Are any of your tasks set to a different revenue type (fixed cost, user hourly etc) that might calculate out to the difference? Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 5
I have confirmed that all tasks are set to Role Hourly type within the Finance section of Task Details. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 1
And you have updated the Resource Estimate I assume - Set Budget to Schedule? Stuart Lloyd Alberta Energy Regulator