Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Organizing Milestones by Date

Level 2
Hi All, I'm doing a test to see how we can use Milestones on our projects, and had a question on how the system "orders" these milestones in a project view. As you can see, the dates are not organized from left to right, I can't figure out how the system is "ordering" the milestones. Milestones at the end of the project are appearing first, and milestones at the beginning of the project are appearing in the middle. Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 9
Hey Andrew, These are setup in the order of your milestone path. In your milestone path, internal review is likely first. The dates coincide with your milestone tasks in your project schedule.

Level 2
That's so strange! I set them up in the proper order, but after saving and reopening, the order had changed. I figured it wasn't important. I just went through and reordered them, which worked like a charm. Thanks for the help! Andrew Daniels Gartner, Inc.