Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Organizing Documents

Level 5
Hi All, Curious- is there a way to see all the documents aggregated for a program? For example- we organize our Events by program. We upload strategy documents related to the EVENT into the program documents folder. and then for each project- we upload documents related to that project. If I wanted to see ALL the documents for the EVENT (documents in the program and projects)- is there a way to do that w/out having to click into the document section of the program and each project? tks Karen
5 Replies

Level 10
You can try a Document report, filtered by Document:Program ID, OR Project: Program ID. This report will then pick up the document that's uploaded on the program and all the documents uploaded on the projects that have the program -> this will only be useful if all your projects have the program field filled up. The downside is you have to create one for each program or you'll just have to always change the filter. Unfortunately, there's no OR on the prompts.

Level 3
Karen & Polly, thank you both for this-have been trying to figure out similar issue today. In addition to seeing all documents by program (and their projects), I am also trying to figure out a way to show them under the Portfolio level and/or provide somewhere to put 'portfolio' level documents (ie-apply to client regardless of brand) without having to give View access to the portfolio. Smart Folders don't help since you can't share the folder itself. When I used your text mode it gave me all the documents, which is extremely helpful, but when I changed to just Document:Portfolio ID it returned 0 documents...thoughts? Thank you! Ondina

Level 10
Odina, if you are uploading documents to the portfolio folders and to the projects folders, you can also see it on a document report. I did not use textmode. I just selected the filter to be Documents>>PortfolioID equal to the portfolio you are looking for OR Project>>PortfolioID equal to the same portfolio identified on the first filter option.

Level 3
Thanks Polly. I was hoping to be able to use text mode to somehow show all documents that are on all projects under a portfolio. Currently we are not storing documents at the Portfolio or Program level and want to restrict access, even View, to portfolios BUT still allow people to see documents related to that portfolio. I think our organizational structure is the main limiting factor, sigh. Appreciate the feedback!