Expand my Community achievements bar.

One project - 10 HTML email deliverables

Level 1
Hi all, I'm working on a solution for a user who has a monthly project that produces 10 different HTML emails for different business units. The project template they're using now is a complete mess and doesn't really help anyone so I've promised that I will take a shot at making life easier for them. After some thought I decided to create a project template for them that has individual issues for each deliverable. These issues will be converted to their own projects, each of which will produce an HTML email for each BU. I then created an issue view that pulls in the percent complete of the resolving project so the PM can see the progress of each issue/project at a high level. I also plan to create milestone paths for these issues/projects and will create a nice chart for progress. How does this solution sound? Do any of you have a similar project? Any tips, tricks or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Alex, We are doing this as well-working on the configuration now. We make a Set Up/Maintenance project which will hold the issues which are then converted to "sub-projects". We will be using queue topics/groups to help organize since our creative material will need to be grouped by "message". My colleague found great text mode in the community last week for issue/converted project reporting, see attached. Coincidentally, I posted a few months ago regarding pulling information from the Portfolio>Program>Project>Issue>Sub-project. Here is the link should you find it helpful https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/topic=39&post=8260#p8260. Also, a document posted here, https://community.workfront.com/p/do/si/topic=82, for copying queue details was extremely helpful, although I am able to pull through data without having to copy the issue form as a project form (although that does work and I may use in the future). You may already be doing the above but wanted to chime in should someone else be interested as well. Look forward to hearing what others do, thank you for the post!

Level 1
Thank you for your reply and links, Ondina. Pulling the queue details was helpful.