Expand my Community achievements bar.

# of projects a user is on

Level 1
Does any have a report that gives you the total number of current projects a user is on? All i'm looking for is for it to give me a User's name and the total number of current projects they are on. When I say "...they are on..." I mean that they can be assigned to a task in a project and not necessarily the owner of the project. Thanks in advance! Tadeo
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Tadeo, I'd like to invite you to read the WFPro article on ""https://wf-pro.com/how-to/how-to-add-exists-and-notexists-to-a-filter/">How To Add Exists Mod to a Filter ". So you can see how I arrived at the example below, which I've added to the ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/#projects-with-active-assignments-to-me">Text Mode Examples of Exists Mod " catalog. Pseudo-code · In a project report, · Show me projects · With an assignment to an issue on the project · Assigned to Me · Where the project status doesn't equate with complete or dead · OR · With an assignment to a task on the project · Assigned to Me · Where the project status doesn't equate with complete or dead Filter statusEquatesWith=CPL DED statusEquatesWith_Mod=notin EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK EXISTS:b:projectID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:b:actualCompletionDate_Mod=isnull EXISTS:b:assignmentsUsersMM:ID=$$USER.ID EXISTS:b:assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in OR:1:statusEquatesWith=CPL DED OR:1:statusEquatesWith_Mod=notin OR:1:EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS OR:1:EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK OR:1:EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID OR:1:EXISTS:a:actualCompletionDate_Mod=isnull OR:1:EXISTS:a:assignmentsUsersMM:ID=$$USER.ID OR:1:EXISTS:a:assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in Let me know how this works out for you. Thanks, Narayan ------Original Message------ Does any have a report that gives you the total number of current projects a user is on? All i'm looking for is for it to give me a User's name and the total number of current projects they are on. When I say "...they are on..." I mean that they can be assigned to a task in a project and not necessarily the owner of the project.¬¨‚Ƭ¨‚Ć Thanks in advance! Tadeo

Level 8
This is a fun one. We have tried assignment reports, task, project - nothing seems to give this count programmatically. We are relegated to exporting to excel or manually counting the projects. We have actually had WF look into this and they cannot produce this simple report either. That being said, there are some clever users on the boards here that seem to find ways of doing things that the product managers cannot so I will be anxious to see if anyone has a solution for this.Sorry I do not have a better answer at the moment. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 1
Hi @Narayan Raum - Thanks, but that didn't really work. What I'm hoping to get is just a list with users names lets say down the first column and then the amount of current projects they are working on in the second column. So something as simple as this: Bob Jones - 3 Bill - 10 Jane - 4 Juan - 11 etc..... Hope that makes sense Tadeo Gonzalez

Level 8
Thank you Narayan for weighing in on this one. The provided solution still does not produce the desired result though. What I am looking for and I think what Tadeo is looking for is a simple count of projects. The provided filter shows all of the projects but it does not give a count. We then have to manually add up all of the projects that show for the given user. Can we spin the "exists" mod into a matrix grouping maybe that would show the number of projects with assignments by user? Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 4
Hi Tadeo, I use a custom prompt on a Project report to look at individual users and the number of projects they are assigned to. This requires some manual prework of loading everyone individually so if you are wanting to do this for all your WF users, if you have a lot, will be a time commitment. But this is the code for the custom prompt (bold is what needs to be changed with each user) assignments:assignedToID= 5ba084dd0b34bca3bd527d4d41a0dcad &assignments:assignedToID_Mod=in This will show you all the projects that are associated with the user's id number. I think you can also use projectUser but that requires some manual changes when adjusting assignments on the project level. You could then filter by current projects and have the default page set to Summary so you are just seeing the number that is associated with the user. One thing to note is that this prompt will only show you one user at a time. So you will have to manually change the prompt to each individual user. Here is the >link to the collections article where I orginally found the text mode for the custom prompt. The text mode in the article though uses tasks:assignedToID which I think only pulls in the primary task assignee. That is why on my code we switched it to assignments:assignedToID. I hope this helps. Thanks, Jessie Dantin Mercy Health

Level 2
Hi, To build on what Jessie suggests, I put in a ticket with WF because all projects were not being returned with the custom, per person, prompt. WF helped me with the custom prompt, although keep in mind that as Skye Hanson pointed out on a different thread, the project team list is an automatic process to get people onto the list, but a manual process to remove them so there is maintenance and commitment for it's use. Our department has agreed to a standard process that includes removing someone from the staff tab of a project if they are no longer associated with the project, so this hopefully will not be too much of an issue for us. For my report I added a column that I called "Project Team" with this text mode: displayname=Project Team listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=user:name valueformat=HTML And for my prompt code per user (user ID is bold) I used: projectUsers:userID projectUsers:userID= 5cae2b90010801982758ab0bf36f5eca &projectUsers:userID_Mod=in Best Regards, Debbie Wurms Subway

Level 10
Brandon, I don't have the brain power for this right now, but maybe you or Narayan do: is there a way to put a custom field at the project level [custom form] and make it default to 1 and then count all the 1s? Maybe as simple as a calculated field formatted as a number and then just has a 1 in it. -skye