Expand my Community achievements bar.

Number of Issues Is Not Displaying the Correct Number in Report

Level 5
I have existing reports that show our projects in various stages of testing. I am updating them to include a column which will show the Number of Open Issues on the task for each project. The reports are identical, as far as I can tell, other than the stage of testing they are in, which is designated by the Task>Team ID. The Testing Review report shows the correct Number of Open Issues The Testing report show says there are zero open issues on every project, which is not correct . I cannot figure out why the number of open issues on the Testing report is not functioning properly. What am I overlooking? Screenshots of the reports and filtering are below- Correctly displayed number of issues in testing review report: Incorrectly displayed number of issues in testing report: Filters for testing review report, showing correct number of issues: Filters for testing report, showing the incorrect number of issues: Cathy Kenny Tire Rack
3 Replies

Level 10
hi there, filters are useful for showing "what went wrong" (or "what went right") with your reporting rows. What you are asking the filter to do is give you back a number of rows. I don't think you have any argument with the filters. You're obviously getting some number of rows and you seem content with that (no rows missing? No extra rows?). What you're asking though, is why each row isn't showing the right information. That's not the filter's fault. We'd need to look at your actual row (the information feeding into the row) for this information. For the rows that are wrong: are there actually issues in the task? Are the issues in the task actually open (what does open mean, even?)? Those are the sorts of questions you'd be asking to solve what you're seeing. Hope that helps redirect your energies into the right answer! -skye

Level 5
Thank you for your reply, Skye. I do know that there are open issues on the rows that were showing zero open issues, so I had gone down that road a bit. But a lightbulb went off when I read your last paragraph. The problem was the issue had been created at the project level, rather than the task level. I hate to say how long I tried to figure this out... but glad I can head into the holiday without this weighing me down. lol Happy Thanksgiving! Cathy Kenny Tire Rack

Level 10
glad to help set your mind at ease. It's almost always one of the two: issues are not in the task, or issues are in the task but not open -- so it's nice to get a quick resolution. -skye