Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

No Dates When Tasks are In Column Heading style

Level 10
I think I have a syntax error somewhere - but I can not find it. Please help. In the file attached (Task Report One Project At A time) - everything worked. We would change the dates right in the report, however, this is only view 1 project at a time. The tasks are in each row and it works perfectly. In trying to put those green tasks across the columns and pull up multiple projects in a report - to change them as oppose to change 1 at a time - then I get no data. (Task Report in Column view No Data) This is the text mode that I am using - Why am I getting no dates???? Thanks for help in debugging this issue. column.1.displayname=Kickoff Call Target Date column.1.listdelimiter=
column.1.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists column.1.sharecol=true column.1.textmode=true column.1.type=iterate column.1.valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date",{plannedCompletionDate}) column.1.valueformat=HTML column.2.sharecol=true column.2.textmode=true column.2.value= column.2.valueformat=HTML column.2.width=1 column.3.displayname=Kickoff Call Target Date column.3.listdelimiter=
column.3.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists column.3.textmode=true column.3.type=iterate column.3.valueexpression=IF([name}="Kickoff Call Target Date",CONCAT({percentComplete},"%")) column.3.valueformat=HTML Benetta Perry APS
9 Replies

Level 10
I am getting some dates now but they are not inline editable. I added in this text mode line "makeFieldEditable=true" - the fields are still not editable. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
sorry - the project report displayed dates - not the task report - which is the report i'm working on. Benetta Perry APS

Level 3
Hello Benetta, It looks like you have a [ instead of a { in your Col3 Value Expression If Statement. Unfortunately, even when you get this to display the task dates in the columns on a project report, the dates won't be editable as valueexpression data isn't editable. Patricia Greene JLL

Level 10
I will make the correction, goo eye, thank you and i have produced a 'task report' not a project report - should the fields be editable this way? Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 3
I believe it's the valueexpression that is preventing it from being editable. Patricia Greene JLL

Level 10
ok let me check this. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Hi Benetta, @Patricia Greene is correct in that valueexpressions aren't going to allow for inline edits. This line is the culprit: column.1.valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date",{plannedCompletionDate}) You'll need to use the valuefield option for inline edit-ability. Thanks, Narayan

Level 10
Narayan, They must be editable - else this effort is a waste of time. So changing that line to valuefield. column.1.valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date",{plannedCompletionDate}) is this the new correct syntax? column.1.valuefield={"Kickoff Call Target Date", {plannedCompletionDate}) with the end result = the column would display the date value of the task "kickoff call target date" and that date would be editable. Thanks Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Narayan, Do I still need the IF in the syntax? Which one is correct - if either? column.1.valuefield=("Kickoff Call Target Date", {plannedCompletionDate}) column.1.valuefield=IF("Kickoff Call Target Date", {plannedCompletionDate}) Benetta Perry APS