Expand my Community achievements bar.

New User Requests

Level 2
Wondering how most System Administrators handle new user requests from their users? Right now they are just coming to me from the Group Admins via email but they rarely provide all the required information (First Name, Last Name, Email, Access Level, Layout Template, Home Group, Home Team, Primary Job Role, etc.) I was thinking of setting up a Project with a Request Queue (with a Custom Form) for this to show up under the Requests tab but not sure if this is a good solution. I would need to update the Custom Form combobox options whenever a new Access Level/Layout Template etc. was created. Also, this wouldn't allow them to request a large list of users in bulk. How are other System Admins handling this? Note: I'm aware that Group Admins can be given access to add users themselves but company direction at the time being is to manage user access centrally. Thanks! Keegan Walker
2 Replies

Level 10
we're strictly a small shop so what I say might not apply, but: we have a pretty simple custom form: just the basic name/contact info and then "who is this user most like?" so that we can copy that other person's layout template and settings. We also tell our requestors that they don't have to use the custom form if they have more than one person--but they do have to then give us an excel spreadsheet with all that information. -skye

Level 2
I've been setting up New Hire processes via Custom Forms myself, but they're single-user based for a smaller group.

Maybe you could make a Single Request Queue with 2 Queue Topics with each having their own Custom Form. One could be for a single user, and the other could have details on how to upload a document for many users.

There are a few ways you could handle it all, so I'm sure you'll find something that works for you! Alexis McMullen APM MUSIC