Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Feature: Enhanced Error Validations in Calculated Fields

Employee

Hello, Community,

One of the most common piece of feedback we receive about custom forms is that the process of building calculated fields is time-consuming, as it's difficult to find the problems and fix them quickly. I'm glad to inform that earlier today new functionality of enhanced error validations in calculated fields has been enabled in Preview, which will make it easier for you to identify the errors in calculations. Particularly:

1. Calculation errors will be highlighted in red so you can easily identify them
  2. Hovering over the highlighted part will show a tooltip clarifying the problem that needs to be fixed.

Can you please check it out and let me know your feedback about this enhancement?

Also I'd like to remind you, that a few weeks ago we introduced a new updated syntax for calculated fields, in order to streamline the process of referencing fields within calculations and avoid any confusions. Please make sure you follow this syntax in Preview while working with calculated fields.

Thank you!

Lilit

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Outstanding Lilit: I look forward to it!

Regards,

Doug