Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Nesting IF statements in Calculated Field

Level 2
I'm currently stuck with a problem when it comes to nested statements. I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do. Choice 1 Choice 2 Choice 3 I have 3 choices that my calculation is looking at. Each only one choice will have data and my calculated field will display that data. This is the calculation I have right now. IF(ISBLANK(Choice 1,Choice 2),CONCAT(Choice 3),IF(ISBLANK(Choice 3,Choice 2),CONCAT(Choice 1),IF(ISBLANK(Choice 1,Choice 3),CONCAT(Choice 2)))) With this expression, I can get Choice 3 and Choice 1 to appear in the calculated field. However, when I add in the 3rd statement, Choice 2 is not appearing. Not sure if it's something to do with my expression or limits within Workfront. Laura Manley Stream Companies
3 Replies

Level 6
Hi Laura, I don't believe that the ISBLANK function works with 2 values in it. You might want to try the && (and) qualifier. It would look a little something like this: IF(ISBLANK(choice 1) && ISBLANK(choice 3), CONCAT(choice 2) , ...... This reads: IF choice 1 AND choice 3 are blank then Concat choice 2 Hope it works for you! Justin Renteria SSFCU

Level 1

Hi All!,

Do either of you know how to CONCAT 4 or more if statement values by chance? For example, IF(Choice 1=A&&Choice 2=B,"123",IF(Choice 1=C&&Choice 2=D,"456",N/A)) 

I am using check boxes and trying to get all accurate values to show up in a calculated field, so for example is both if statements are correct I would like the calculated field to read "123, 456"

Level 2
Thank you! That seems to have worked. Laura Manley Stream Companies