Expand my Community achievements bar.

Nessie / updates in issue report

Level 10
If you look at the title, you'd know what I'm referring to. I've had Nessie / full auditing turned on just recently. Testing it with a notes report and then changing a custom field data today on an issue created last week , it's appearing to me that I can't pick up that audit text. Is this correct? The other thing is, the reason I wanted Nessie turned on is that I have an issue report where I would like to display when a custom field was changed and by whom. That's just where I would like to end up with so I started to try the issue report and ran a collections column for updates. displayname=Updates listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(updates).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={message} valueformat=HTML Nothing is coming up. I tried notes, and even just to generate {ID} and nothing's coming on. I'm pretty sure it should be doable as I can see the data for it if I ran issues call API with fields=updates:* so what am I not doing right here? Polly Co
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Polly, The (newer) UPDATES object is not reportable, but because you had Workfront reactivate your Nessie DNA, the same information (well, even more and better, in my opinion) should now be automatically be tracked in the (older) NOTES object. Accordingly, you could write a Notes report for a certain Entry Date range and look for Audit Text (i.e. system generated notes) and/or Note Text (i.e. human entered notes), and either use filters, prompts, and/or (huh!) even a self-filtering dashboard via a custom tab. Or, to use the approach you were attempting, something like this: displayname=Updates listdelimiter= listmethod=nested( notes ).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuef ield = noteText valueformat=HTML I've not tested the latter, so you'll likely need to finesse it a bit...but on the other hand, I'm skeptical that bringing back all notes in free text iteration field like this, unfiltered, would be particularly useful, so instead, recommend the NOTES report technique I described above, which I can assert works very well. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
@Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore , I've no trouble picking up the custom field changes via a notes report but I can't seem to get them via an issue report. I've tested variations of your textmode. displayname=Updates listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(notes).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=noteText valueformat=HTML displayname=Updates listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(notes).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={noteText} valueformat=HTML No entries were listed. I intend to filter them down to what I need but I just needed something to show up first and there lies the problem, I can't get anything to show. Polly Co

Level 10
I see Polly, In that case, I'd question whether the Nessie DNA is in fact "on". Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
I'm supposing it's on because I've never been able to pull that data from the notes report until after they said they've turned it on. Regardless, it seems I cannot pull any notes at all from an issue report except for the LastNote. Polly Co