Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need some help on applying a calculation to a collection

Level 3

I am trying to create a column on a project report to display tasks (and due dates) with a certain custom form field applied.  Loading the tasks and due dates themselves is easy enough, but I also want to filter out tasks that are already complete so the viewer will only see what is in the future by applying an && to the calculation.  The valueexpression below is failing and I'm in need of some guidance. I've also been asked to force the tasks to display in the correct chronological order.  I didn't think that was possible, but am turning to the people who know.

Thanks in advance!

The first attempt is below and the second is in the full column text.  Neither are working.

valueexpression=IF({DE:Key Date}="Yes" && {status}!=CPL,CONCAT({name},": ",{plannedCompletionDate}))

displayname=Key Dates 2
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
usewidths=true
valueexpression=IF({DE:Key Date}="Yes" && IF(CONTAINS(CPL,{status}=true,CONCAT({name},": ",{plannedCompletionDate}))))
valueformat=HTML
width=200

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This should work for you @CSibley 

valueexpression=IF({status}!="CPL"&&{DE:Key Date}="Yes",CONCAT({name},": ",{plannedCompletionDate}))

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This should work for you @CSibley 

valueexpression=IF({status}!="CPL"&&{DE:Key Date}="Yes",CONCAT({name},": ",{plannedCompletionDate}))

Community Advisor

As far as sorting in chronological order, you can't sort a collection. I know the list seems to be sorted randomly but nothing is completely random in reporting. I suspect it's default sorting is by GUID or date entered or something else that seems random. Maybe someone with some Workfront dev or engineering knowledge can clarify that.

I'm a little confused as to what the request is regarding the CPL status? In the first example, the != indicator says "not equals Complete" but in the second example you have "Complete status =true".

I think Nicole's answer below is correct.