Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need a way to show Primary Assignment Name in a Column for a task view or report

Level 3

My team needs to see from the project task view easily who the primary assignment is on tasks with multiple assignees. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to best do that?

I'm able to show a column that shows the primary assignment ID but was surprised to see there wasn't a way to show the primary assignment by name, I don't expect anyone to memorize the 30-digit ID number for every user in the system.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Matthew,

to get the corresponding name to an ID field in text mode, you can simply remove the ID-part and replace it by :name like this for the field assignedToID:

assignedTo:name

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello Matthew,

to get the corresponding name to an ID field in text mode, you can simply remove the ID-part and replace it by :name like this for the field assignedToID:

assignedTo:name

Regards

Lars

Level 3

I tried this change before posting this question but all of the columns are blank when I use primaryAssignment:name

MatthewLi1_0-1717427056943.png

MatthewLi1_1-1717427111892.png

I can't include the assigned column without blurring out the names but I can confirm all of these tasks have people assigned to them.

Community Advisor

try assignedTo:name instead of primaryAssignment as @lgaertner  suggested. 
I think he is right. You should be getting this:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1717432812870.png

with this:

displayname=
linkedname=assignedTo
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=assignedTo
namekeyargkey.1=name
querysort=assignedTo:name
valuefield=assignedTo:name
valueformat=HTML

please note this field is available straight from the wizard, no text mode is required!

Unless you have another view in mind, than please share that

Level 3

I see, thanks for this clarification. I was looking for the primary assignee to show up so when I read assignedTo:name I thought it was just going to show all the assignees instead of the primary assignee which I was looking for. I think the whole primary assignment field options were confusing me.

Thanks so much for your answers @Rafal_Bainie & @lgaertner !!!