Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Multiple predecessor report

Level 3
I am trying to include a report filter on a task report which only shows tasks with ALL predecessors completed. Some of our tasks have multiple predecessors that need to be completed in order for the task to be ready for work. Is there a native filter for predecessors that I can use in a task report to achieve this? Using the "Predecessors - Is Complete" filter or the "Predecessors - Status=Complete" filter does not give the correct results. Thanks. Cameron Howitt
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Cameron, Either Can Start = True or Handoff Date = Not Blank should do the trick, as both take predecessors into consideration (particularly if they are "E"nforced). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 3
That worked perfectly. Thank you Doug. Cameron Howitt

Level 10
Hei Cameron, I am a new learner and very new as Admin, could it be possible to share the above report or video to create this. This will help a lot to see many info for our projects, specially among project managers. Thanks in advance. With best regards, Kundan Kumar. Kundan Kumar KGON (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 3
Sure, here is a snapshot of the filters I have applied. This reports allows all of our staff of the same job role to see which tasks are available to be worked on. Cameron Howitt

Level 10
Thanks Cameron for sharing this info. Is any thing else I have to create or make changes in such as "Columns (View) / Groupings or Charts". just looking for guidance. Have a nice day ahead! With regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 3
Could be helpful to show the predecessor column in your view to validate that all predecessors on the task are indeed complete, or at least be able to reference them easily. This would be up to you and your team to decide whether that is an added benefit. One thing that we did is in our project templates where these kinds of tasks are coming from we adjusted the task sharing level to allow all users in our organization with the appropriate job role the ability to take ownership (assign themselves) the task. This way the report serves as a queue of work that is available to their role and they can complete as many of these tasks as time allows in their schedule. Cameron Howitt

Level 10
Hi Cameron, I tried to create a report as you recommended as in snapshot, for task as well as project type report also. But I did not found any option to add as "Project Product Category" in side Filter area. Is it another type of report? Just wondering. Need your guidance. Regards Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 3
That is a custom field I have created for our organization's needs. Cameron Howitt