Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Moving Email threads to WorkFront.. Can it be done?

Level 3
We have been diligent on tracking issues and tasks in Workfront, however I could not find a solution for an email thread which contains multiple issues and action items. My scenario Once our vendor delivers a software product, IT first deploys it in test environment (email thread is triggered for this one). If issues are encountered during this phase then vendor responds on the thread for resolution. Once the deployment is successful, Testing team takes over (a different thread). If issues cannot be resolved quickly then it moves to WorkFront issue otherwise it still stays in the thread. Duration of these activities is 1-3 days. As a PM, it becomes difficult to track all the issues and action items. I would like to move all these activities to Workfront but I do not know what is the right approach. Sunil Devadiga State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
3 Replies

Level 10
I am not clear--at what point do you wish this email thread to move to Workfront? Are you proposing to give your vendor access to Workfront so that the email thread never starts? Or is it more that you want the email thread in the system for historical record? Or is there a point somewhere in between start and finish where you'd like it to move over? On a side note, are you using Outlook, and do you know about the Outlook Add In? -skye

Level 3
Thanks for responding Our Vendor has access to Workfront. I want to manage the whole communication in Workfront. I actually don't enjoy doing the email threads. Sunil Devadiga State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio

Level 10
Please forgive me, I'm still not clear so the below might not answer your question. It seems to me from your scenario that: > Once your vendor delivers a software product, IT first deploys it in test environment (email thread is triggered for this one). At this point, IT needs to be trained not to trigger any sort of email thread, and do a Workfront action that equates to this, for example, setting up a task. > If issues are encountered during this phase then vendor responds on the thread for resolution. If issues are encountered, IT could log each issue within the task. > Once the deployment is successful, Testing team takes over (a different thread). Close the task. Testing team, create a different task. > If issues cannot be resolved quickly then it moves to WorkFront issue otherwise it still stays in the thread. Duration of these activities is 1-3 days. If issue in Workfront can't be resolved quickly, it could be converted to a task or a project. Basically it sounds like you need to provide tools, and ask for and train your people to use said tools in Workfront. -skye