Expand my Community achievements bar.

Month over Month Expense Report

Level 10
Hey Workfront Community! Is it possible to build a side by side expense report in which you can get multiple years side by side (see mock up below). If so, can someone help me with the report/chart selections. Thanks in advance, Sara SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Sara, To get the side by side Year/Month chart you seek... When grouping the dates on your report, I suggest you try grouping by Month of Year (e.g. "January") vs by Month ("January 2017"), and then secondarily, group by the Project Year, which you can add as a text or calculated parameter on the Projects. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Doug, Thank you so much! That worked! Sara SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International

Level 7
In looking for help with a report that I am trying to configure, I came across this thread. The above information is great and gets me halfway there for what I am looking to do but am stumped on one aspect on my report. Would you have any insight as to how to have a report show year over year by fiscal year , instead of by calendar year? I am looking to do some fiscal year over year reporting with regard to projects. Right now on the report I have been trying to build (using information provided above), it is showing Year groupings on the chart of Year 2016, Year 2017 and Year 2018. For my purposes, although a project may have been completed in calendar year 2016, it may be considered a fiscal year 2017 project, so I want it to show/be counted under fiscal year 2017 on the chart, so fiscal year to fiscal year can be compared. Hopefully this makes sense. I have a sneaky suspicion that this may involve some calculated expression that I would have to apply somewhere and any help with that would be greatly appreciated as well. Currently, I run the reports in Workfront to get the information for each fiscal year, export the information out to Excel, format/configure the information to get the year over year, then create chart(s) - all of which takes a pretty fair amount of time to do. If I can get this to work in Workfront, I would get some days back! Thanks so much in advance for any help. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services