Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Mobile App Timesheet hour types

Level 2
Why does the mobile app display timesheet hour types ("built-in") that are disabled per the timesheet profile assigned to the user. This seem like a bug. Can anyone else confirm this behavior? We have 4 hour types defined and activated for our users in the timesheet profile we assign everyone. The timesheet profile shows that the "built in" hour types are not enabled for the timehseet profile. Everything works fine from the desktop but when using the mobile app the user gets presented with the disabled built-in hour types.
2 Replies

Level 7
Were you doing testing and found this out? I tried this myself and when testing, I removed a general hours and saw on the mobile app that I could add hours to it so I thought it was a bug as well. However, I realized that after a while, the mobile app only let me use the general hours that were valid. I'd say you have to log out and back in, but even when I did that originally, some hours were still available, but then I did some other things (went to another week of timesheet, went to main menu and went back to timesheets, those disabled hour types were not available anymore. I haven't figured out exactly what needs to happen to make sure they are disabled in the mobile app, but I'm guessing the combination of logging out and just giving it time (maybe it "syncs" the data), that only the enabled hour types will show.

Level 2
Greg - Well the issue came up because I was trying to get people who were on PTO to log their time for the previous week and wanted to tell them it was "so easy" they could use the mobile app. Not being a newbie, I tested the app myself first and found the problem as described. You are correct, I logged out and logged back into the app and found the issue to be fixed. My only question is, what are my users experiencing? If anyone was to log hours against the default hour types it would mess up our accounting big time!