Expand my Community achievements bar.

Migrating WF Linked files from Box to One Drive

Level 1
The company I work for is moving from BOX to OneDrive/SharePoint fro the storage of documents. This will require that all the documents currently stored in BOX and link to workfront to have there location changed Is it possible to do one of the following or I am open to other suggestions 1. Return all the files that are located in box and link in workfront a mass update and maintain the associate with the a object ( Project, Task, etc) the document/link is attached to in WF? or 2. Rewrite the URL in the link to remove the box location and replace it with a location in in SP - The connection between SP and WF has been established Or Any suggestions Thank you Paul Paul Vavruska Baxter Healthcare Corporation
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Paul, We've have document migration experience (similar to your first Option), but the punchline is that new document id's are created along the way. I expect that a BOX to OneDrive/Sharepoint move will result in completely different GUIDs, so for option 2, a URL rewrite would also need a convert-to-the-new-GUID step. If you'd like to chat offline, you're welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 3

Paul, How did you end up addressing this? I'd love to konw.

-Galen Malick