Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Merge Projects

Level 2
It's been a day and I'm pretty sure I can't do what I want to do with out an act of kindness. I have two projects. Project A and Project B and we have determined they are essentially the same project. I now want to merge them into the same project. They have updates and cool stuff attached to both of them that I want to retain. The million dollar question, how do I do this. It should be a simple answer and I'm not seeing it. Cheers! Brady Robinder Comcast - West Division Winning the West as One
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Brady, Huh! I am surprised to realize this is the first time I've heard of such a situation. I can suggest three options: manual cut and paste (these aren't all fun) use the "move" function to port B'a tasks and issues (and associated notes and docs) under A consider our "http://store.atappstore.com/workfront-merge-or-split/">Merge/Split solution; we normally use it to migrate entire Workfront Environments, but could do a "mini-merge" of B into A The last two warrant a trial run in your preview environment, and if the latter seems worth pursuing, please drop me a line at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Hi Brady, I'm guessing it can't be this easy, but can you just do a bulk Move of all the Tasks in one project and move them to the other? I verified in the Sandbox it does bring over the Updates etc.

Level 2
That is what I ended up doing. It would be cool to have something like that where we could merge projects. Unfortunatly, the updates were made on the project level and not on the task level. I just cut and pasted as well there. Brady Robinder Comcast West Division Winning the West as One

Level 10
Along the sames lines as what Brady just commented. We have had this happen a few times. The easiest solution is to move the tasks to the new project which brings all pertinent info with them. Updates, hours, etc. The downside is that if those hours or updates were at the project level, it will not carry over. Although not ideal this would be another use case of the parent child project relationship. The child (proj b) would roll up to parent and could be marked complete. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect