Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Marketing Peeps - how are you naming/classifying your assets?

Level 9

We're looking to improve the way we name / classify our assets and I'm doing a little crowd sourcing for best practices.

Right now, we use an asset piece code compromised of a WF Project ID, the owning dept, and the document reference number of the approved item followed by the creation date. (ex. 1003452-PSG-1269874 (03/23)

I've seen some that are audience specific and then topic specific, so for a Healthcare company's flyer that is intended for Nurse Practitioners to learn about insurance it might be NPINS 032023. 

I'm curious if there's a rhyme/reason on how your assets are identified. Care to share?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! Our creative team uses a naming convention that is comprised of RBA (requesting business area/business unit) + project name + project Ref ID. For every project they are in, indicated by the presence of a specific custom form, I created a calculated field in the project custom form concatenating the 3 elements together so that:
1. They can clearly see how to name their files

2. Certain project reports show this 'Studio project name' field as the WF project name

3. They can send final files directly from WF to AEM and the asset has this naming convention applied 

My calculated field is:

CONCAT({DE:Requesting Business Area - what BU is this project servicing?}," - ",{referenceNumber}," - ",{name})

I should note that all our WF project names follow a convention of [deliverable]: [description] so that's already pulling into their project names. Example of a studio project name using this calculated field:
Madalyn_Destafney_0-1677250328632.png
Hope this helps spark some ideas!
If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! Our creative team uses a naming convention that is comprised of RBA (requesting business area/business unit) + project name + project Ref ID. For every project they are in, indicated by the presence of a specific custom form, I created a calculated field in the project custom form concatenating the 3 elements together so that:
1. They can clearly see how to name their files

2. Certain project reports show this 'Studio project name' field as the WF project name

3. They can send final files directly from WF to AEM and the asset has this naming convention applied 

My calculated field is:

CONCAT({DE:Requesting Business Area - what BU is this project servicing?}," - ",{referenceNumber}," - ",{name})

I should note that all our WF project names follow a convention of [deliverable]: [description] so that's already pulling into their project names. Example of a studio project name using this calculated field:
Madalyn_Destafney_0-1677250328632.png
Hope this helps spark some ideas!
If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )