Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for a way to "count" within a Custom Form, based on data selected

Level 9
So I'm attempting to create a calculated field within a custom form, or if doable in Text Mode on the report itself. Example -- on my existing form, there are a few fields that I want to display a 'count' of in the report if selection is 'yes'. I've attempted to change the field to a Number (vs Text) and add a value of 1 to YES and 0 to No; and my logic was just perform a SUM value of all fields requested. BUT it seems the tool doesn't like me changing from TEXT to NUMBER... Any suggtions would be a great help... John Seitz ESPN
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi John, You're on the right track with the SUM; I use that approach. However, once a custom parameter has data added to it, its datatype cannot be changed, as you are seeing. So! I'd suggest you either: - add new calculated numeric parms that read the existing yes/no parms to convert them to a 1/0, then switch your reports to use the 1/0s to get the sum you seek, or - add a new similarly-named (eg yesnopam_as_number) numeric parms, group by Yes/No, bulk update each Yes to 1/No to 0 values, drop the Yes/No parms, then rename the 1/0 parms to the old yes/no names so your existing reports sum as you'd intended Regards, Doug