Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

List of all job roles a user has in one field - Primary and Secondary

Level 9
For example, in Text Mode I can get all Teams that a user is assigned to with: displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=team tile.name=component.teamsList valuefield=teamsListString valueformat=HTML viewalias=team Since ROLE and ROLES are the codes for Job Roles, I tried: displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=role tile.name=component.rolesList valuefield=rolesListString valueformat=HTML viewalias=role Hoping for the same results, but no dice! Any thoughts? Anyone have success with getting primary and secondary roles even in two columns? Thanks!
9 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jennifer, You're welcome to try this version: description=Other Job Roles isInlineEditable=true linkedname=direct listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(roles).lists listsort=nested(role).string(name) name=Job Roles querysort=role:name section=0 shortview=false textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML width=150 Regards, Doug

Level 9
Beautiful!!! That’s what I needed! Thank you Doug!! Jennifer 818-544-9836* Tieline 8223 DFS Project Management Site< ">https://twdc.sharepoint.com/sites/CORP-DFSPMO/DFSProjects/default.aspx>

Level 4
Hi Doug, Like Jennifer I was looking to list all job roles for a user in one field. While it has worked for her, I only see an empty column when I use the text mode you posted, any ideas? Thanks, Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 8
Looks like this broke with the latest release, that column in my user report doesn't work anymore. I haven't been able to figure out the new code for it yet.

Level 4
Hi Adina, After spending too much time hung up on this, I was able to get the column to work with the following syntax: displayname=All Job Roles link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(userRoles).lists namekey=roles.plural textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=role:name valueformat=HTML Hope this helps, Thanks Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 8
Thanks, Andrew! The only thing I had different in my code was listmethod=nested(roles).lists (which worked last week). ________________________________

Level 10
Well done, Andrew -- glad you got it, and sorry I was late to the party! Regards, Doug

Level 9
Awesome! I was able to modify your code and create a column of all groups a user belongs to as well! displayname=All Groups link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists namekey=roles.plural textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=group:name valueformat=HTML

Level 10
Thanks Jennifer. And to complete the circle, I've just confirmed that this syntax (still) works for All Teams: description=Other Teams isInlineEditable=true linkedname=direct listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(teams).lists listsort=nested(team).string(name) name=All Teams querysort=team:name section=0 shortview=false textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML width=150 Regards, Doug