Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Linking SharePoint Documents through API

Employee

Hi All,

We are rolling out our SharePoint integration and want to create some automation with folders. We would like to create a new folder when a certain project request is put in and then link the folder to that project.

I have a Power Automate flow that can create the folder, but I'm not seeing anything in the API suggesting that I can link a folder from SharePoint to Workfront. Before I dig too deep, does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Sarah,

I took this to our support team and they shared the following with me, in case it helps you or anyone else who finds this.

From support:

I’ve confirmed this API call works within Postman:

POST /attask/api/v12.0/DOCFDR

{

"name":"FOO",

"projectID":"<PROJ-ID>",

"linkedFolder":{

"externalStorageID":"ID of Sharepoint folder goes here",

"documentProviderID":"assigned by Workfront",

"externalIntegrationType":"SHAREPOINT"

}

}

Some notes:

• Be sure to pass the raw body as a JSON object
  • The “name” is the name of the folder as you would like it to appear within Workfront
  • The “projectID” could be an Issue, Task, etc
  • The “externalStorageID” is the ID of the folder within SHAREPOINT
  • The “documentProviderID is assigned by Workfront, find it via:
    • GET /attask/api-unsupported/docpro/search?

I hope this helps a little!

Kyna

Employee

Thanks Kyna! I actually did reach out to support and was going to post once I got it working. Still having some authorization issues, but working with support to figure it out 😊

Employee
Oh that's great! Please do update once you get it working!