Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Linking issues to existing projects but having the details from the issue overwrite project details.

Level 3

Hi friends!

We have a campaign with over 300+ deliverables/projects over the course of a few months. I am going to "pre" open all of those projects to place in a planning status prior to them being live, for reporting and capacity planning.

As each deliverable becomes ready to start, our client will submit their issue as usual. The issue will have the most accurate and up to date information and documents.

I link that issue to the existing project in planning, and then turn it current. However, I am having to manually take the details and custom form info and any uploaded documents from to the issue and overwrite the placeholder information I had in my project.

Is there a way to have the issue details be primary over the project details when linking the two?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Vanessa,

Custom data and documents are only carried over onto a project during the conversion process, it's not possible to carry this over onto a pre-existing project.

One option you could consider however, would be to convert the issue into a task instead. This task could live on your pre-built project and any custom data / documents from the original issue would carry over onto the task and therefore onto the project by proxy. You could even make this task the highest level parent in the task hierarchy so that when all project tasks are complete, the parent would also complete and resolve the originating issue too.

Would that work for you?

Best Regards,

Rich.