Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

[LEAP] Who's going?

Level 10
Hi Seattle! Who's going to Leap? Do we want to hang out together? What sessions did you sign up for -- more importantly, are there any classes you didn't sign up for because of timing conflicts? Can we share notes with you or pool resources in some way? Who's NOT going to Leap? Are there any concerns or questions you would like us to personally take to Leap on your behalf? Should we set up some sort of user group meeting after Leap, and talk about what went on? Executive summary? Favorite slides / speakers / sessions? -skye
4 Replies

Level 2
Hi Skye, I will be attending LEAP this coming year. Be more than happy to hang out and share any notes you'd like. Haven't looked at classes yet, but will soon. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best, Peter Tran Peter Tran

Level 6
Hi Skye - I'll be attending LEAP and happy to hang out, share, etc. Amy Westlake Practice Manager, Global Delivery Practice Apptio, Inc. Bellevue, WA

Level 10
thank you, you guys! I have noticed that the slide decks provided don't always give the whole story, so what I usually do when I sit in on a session is note down the relevant slides, take a bunch of notes to help me remember what was relevant to me (what my take aways are), and also I sit so that I have an unobstructed view of the projection, so that I can take photos of what's going on if I need help to remember extremely relevant stuff (or stuff that goes on during the presentation). I would love to be able to share these with interested people and to get the same back in return. I think even if I have attended the session, it always helps to get someone else's take on what their take-aways are, and if they intend to use the information, then how? So I think for me, there's a lot of value in sitting down in groups after we get back to Seattle and presenting a half-dozen slide decks at a time--not the whole deck but the relevant slides and talking through our synopsis and take-aways. For example, below is a synopsis I wrote down for a slide deck in 2016, which summarizes and then directs my folks to any relevant slides (there were a bunch of interesting charts and images coming out of 2016 which were relevant to user adoption). 70% of *failed* CRM projects caused by poor user adoption, yet it still is overlooked because of hard deadlines, lack of budget and high visibility. To maximize user adoption: 1) Align with business goals--make sure you define your vision, and document goals and objectives. Goals can be a combination of strategic (business goals), operational (processes), tactical (delivery). 2) Gain buy-in--from everyone! Executives (provide vision and strategy), team mates (run the company), NEW team mates, roles/profiles. How do people who don't work here yet, fit in--how do you get their buy-in? See slide 16-- the path from commitment to adaptation. 3) Communicate often and effectively--70% of enterprise transformations fail because they "tell" people to change rather than engage them in the change. See slide 19--how to communicate effectively by thinking through 5 questions. 4) Identify and enable change agents--Look for people who are; influential, respected, proactive, empathetic, positive, impartial. Trust them to reinforce the message. Listen to their feedback and use it to adjust and change your plan or message. 5) Identify and manage resistance -skye

Level 7
This will be my first LEAP this year. I'm super excited to attend and learn as much as possible. Brandon Walshin Apptio, Inc.