Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Leap Session Q&A: Can We Do That? Beyond Internal Work Management

Level 6

My LEAP session focused on translating a multi-layered marketing process into streamlined workflows/approval processes, but our use case centered around leveraging Workfront to innovate; enabling The Channel Company to deliver Work Management as a Service. You can watch the session here.

I'd love to answer your questions on the presentation! How are you evolving Workfront in your organization?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

What a great session - tying the technical nitty gritty to the overall value add for your clients! I'm so impressed with how you differentiated your role in your company by thinking bigger!

I am especially interested in the custom statuses you created for each stakeholder. Can you give some examples of the different statuses you used for each stakeholder?

Level 6

Sure @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ we used custom statuses in setting up the intake and execution approval processes.

During intake, the queue routes proposals to the default stakeholders and their approval is triggered by 'New' status. If the marketing proposal includes an Enablement activity, for instance, our Program Manager selects the custom status 'Enablement Review' to trigger the approval path for that stakeholder. Basically, we tied the custom statuses to a path on the approval process to provide visibility to the right stakeholders at the right time.

We also used a 'Response Required' custom status and Updates as reporting fields to flag rejections. Because the majority of users are Requesters and work from custom dashboards, this was an easy way to communicate when and what action is needed.

Employee

Interesting! So do your requestors ever have to change the status themselves? (I assume if you needed more information from them you'd have a status for that)... If so, do they do the status change from the dashboard?

Level 6

This was something we needed to work around to accommodate their licensing/access restrictions. The requestors open the issue (for proposal) or task (for POP delivery) that was rejected and message the Program Manager with questions or to confirm the requested corrections are in place. She has the license/access to update the status and re-trigger the approval process for them.