Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Leap 2018 - What do you want to learn?

Level 9
Hey everyone, Meet @Allison Lippert . She's on our education team, and she's getting plans in motion for the next Leap conference in Tennessee! She'd love to know how we can make the education better. Many of you are veterans and want new material from things we've taught at past conferences. Many of you might have ideas on topics you want to delve deeper into, or that you'd like to learn the basics of. Tag her in your comments below with ideas for how we can better serve you and your organizations needs through our educational offerings at Leap 2018! SWAG goes to a handful of randomly chosen people who provide awesome ideas! Nate Bagley Community Manager Workfront natebagley@workfront.com | 801.477.9712
13 Replies

Level 1
Hello Nate and @Allison Lippert . This year was my first Leap and I really enjoyed it. I was new to Workfront so I took all of the basic sessions and learned a lot. What I would like to know more about is resource and capacity planning, along with how to use scorecards with examples. The help you have shows us how to set it up but I couldn't find any examples on how to use it and apply it to requests coming in. I would like to see how other marketing full service agencies have set up their system so that when a request comes in with just an idea of what the client wants we can see how writers, designers, translators and web web developers are all working together and getting everything they need to do their part of the project. Kendra Moore Investors Group Financial Services Inc

Level 10
Hi: I'd like to see someone create a presentation of "beginner" text mode coding for reporting. Thanks, Eric "http://www.crowley.com/"> Eric L Lucas , Manager IT PMO IT Governance and Quality | Information Technology o 904.727.4218 | m 904.377.4426 eric.lucas@crowley.com "http://feeds.feedburner.com/CrowleyNews"> "https://www.facebook.com/Crowley"> "http://twitter.com/crowleymaritime"> "https://www.linkedin.com/company/crowley-maritime"> "http://www.youtube.com/user/CrowleyMaritime"> "https://plus.google.com/+crowleymaritime"> "http://www.instagram.com/crowleymaritime">

Level 8
Hi Nate and @Allison Lippert , I have a similar interest in Kendra's above comment " What I would like to know more about is resource and capacity planning, along with how to use scorecards with examples. The help you have shows us how to set it up but I couldn't find any examples on how to use it and apply it to requests coming in." Along those same lines, I'd like to know more about how other marketing agencies are resource forecasting work. A couple other items I'd be interested in learning more about: How are companies/agencies using Workfront to manage editorial calendars Successful ways companies/agencies are using Workfront to collaborate with their clients and/or hold their clients accountable to work that the client needs to implement When will the details of LEAP 2018 be released? Thanks! Jenn Jennifer Tanabe Director, Project Management Vertical Measures

Level 10
While I am now manipulating data from WF using the API and scripts, I'd like to see WF show the way on how to do it. I've been to presentations that show what other companies are doing with the WF APIs and that's neat too (I think we have our own codes that are very interesting as well) but I very barely got the information I needed at this year's LEAP on how to start with it. That small 10-15 minutes with the consultant gave me a glimpse of the code that I didn't know I was looking for. I know it might not be for everyone as I think that you'd need some coding experience (or in my case, picking up a new language on the fly) or might need third party integrators (Azuqua) to be effective with APIs but it's super helpful to see the basics on APIs eg, looking up the API explorer, getting API data thru the URL etc. I'd also like to see how APIs and event subscriptions work. Polly Co

Level 7
I would really love a lot more options for deeper training and information around: - Agile/Traditional combination organizations and how to make projects and agile teams processes and the tools work together - Resource and Capacity planning - the best setup, how to translate from planning into day to day resource utilization - Extremely advanced reporting A lot of the content last year was great for first timers or people new to workfront, but more advanced users need more detailed training and solutions for how to really maximize the tool. I think a lot of questions posted in the global and reporting forums give good insights into the challenges people have that could become good topics. Same with the idea exchange. Thanks for asking! "http://community.workfront.com/network/members/profile/?UserKey=cf6be1ec-c06c-424e-af9c-103a86cbf943">@Allison Lippert ERIN REED National Heritage Academies, Inc.

Level 10
Hi, Nate! Education on.... * Custom Form Building * Applying Agile with Workfront * Tips and Tricks and Shortcuts (Workfront to spill all!) Many little tricks that I've learned from others but not really spelled out) * Resource Scheduling and Capacity Planner(a total walk-thru). Also provide suggestion how 'high level' function/view would work. * Learning about various dashboard styles and uses Thank you, Susan Susan Pfeil

Level 10
I agree with pretty much all the topic suggestions. I would love to come to LEAP in the USA but not sure if the travel expense will get approved! Putting in my request for a LEAP somewhere in AsiaPac.... David Cornwell

Level 3
Hello, Allison! I think Eric's suggestion is a great one. Making the step from basic reporting to using text mode is a huge step for those of us with little-to-no coding experience, and the big step is reflected in the previous offerings. I'd love to see a bridge-the-gap option because I'm ready to totally own the reporting functionality. I also second the following suggestions already made: Resource planning total walk-through. Hands-on Agile application examples Finally, raising my hand for System admin training that would look at topics such as: system optimizing best practices managing groups and permissions user adoption (logging hours, etc.) Michelle Yard Insperity

Level 10
Hi all, Since I won't be able to attend Leap 2018 - I would like to see the video, demo and/or presentation on the following topics, if they are selected as topics for Leap 2018 ... 1) Extreme reporting (not beginner reporting) 2) API Text mode coding (beginner and advanced - with examples) Thank you. Benetta Perry APS

Level 7
@Allison Lippert I totally 'upvote' Eric's suggestion about a Beginner Text Mode Coding and Reporting session. I had taken the Advanced Reporting class(es), but don't have a coding background - so it was a lot to digest at once! And, also echo others' suggestions for more Agile Marketing. A couple of other suggestions: Template Structures - Simple to Complex; Best Practices and Examples; Common Pitfalls to Avoid Admin Housekeeping 101 and Advanced - Ways that Admins Can Keep Workfront Backend Decluttered/Streamlined/Organized Thanks, Terry Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3
Kendra, Our resource and capacity planning tools are undergoing a big overhaul, which started earlier this year. We should have new tools and features to show you at Leap 2018. I like your suggestion of the marketing request workflow. Did you have a chance to check out our "birds of a feather" sessions at Leap this year? I know those are great sessions for sharing information. Hope to see you in Nashville! Allison Lippert Workfront

Level 3
Eric, The Training team has actually been discussing a session like this! I'm curious ... are there specific things you're looking for? Or just a good, basic overview of text mode and how to write it? Allison Lippert Workfront

Level 10
Hi: I've been through a few discussions and read a lot of posts on text mode coding in reports. When do I use a bracket and when do I use a brace? How do I select attributes from a higher level object in the ERD? How do I select attributes from a lower level object in the ERD? Where is that darn ERD anyway? How about a data dictionary with business semantics? How do I do math in Text Mode? How do I summarize a numeric value in Text Mode? How do I sort on an attribute, even an attribute or column I just created? Hints, tips, tricks for finding errors when WorkFront knows there is an error but won't tell you anything about it... Etc. I'm looking for documentation too – I found asking for a debugger was asking a bit too much. When I asked Steve ZoBell about a debugger, he correctly said that he would rather move to a language that didn't need a debugger. That's fine, I like it, but hey, we're living in the trenches here, slogging in mud and rain, and can't yet live in a futuristic world where everything is clean and tidy. Help us now where we are. That's what I'm thinking, at least. Thanks! Eric