Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issues with Support functionality

Level 3

Hi Workfront or others, I noticed some issues with the Support page- when I am entering in a Support Case ticket, the right hand side box is searching for Workfront articles/results based on the text I am entering in my support ticket- but its causing long delays in my ability to type as the box keeps loading and searching on basically every word, it's pretty frustrating! Not sure if it's just me, I have never had issues before when submitting support tickets with the freeze/delay in ability to type.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Sara and everyone else,

Thank you so much for your feedback around this. In the interest of usability, we have temporarily disabled this component on the page as we work to address the underlying problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee

Hi Sara,

Thank you for sharing. We will take a look at this right away and see what we can do to get it fixed.

Kyna

Level 10

I've had an open ticket on this one since 8/14/20:

Community Advisor

I've experienced this also. Glad to know it's not just me.

Level 2

I've had this issue as well. I've temporarily started typing up my message in another app (Word for example) and pasting it into the Support text box to avoid the delays/freezes.

Level 3

ahh Cathleen thank you for saying this, your workaround has saved me some time😊

Level 4

Thank you for mentioning this! I was getting aggravated with that last week when I was submitting a ticket.

Correct answer by
Employee

Sara and everyone else,

Thank you so much for your feedback around this. In the interest of usability, we have temporarily disabled this component on the page as we work to address the underlying problem.

Community Advisor

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! I had opened a support case (00234249) last November to share my frustrations, but resigned myself to typing my case text in Notepad, then pasting into the case form.

Employee

Hey Everyone, After making some changes to how this component behaves we have re-enabled it on the support page. Now the component will wait until you are done typing before trying to find helpful resources. In the past it would try to search after every word which had the potential to cause problems. I hope that this will aid you in finding the resources that you need without having to always create a support case.

Level 10

Ahhhh...thanks Brad. That sounds like an excellent improvement!

I suggest you consider doing something similar on the main search control within one.workfront.com, too: it seems to be "instantly" trying to search for matches with every character as I type, which is both premature and inefficient, especially when searching on a mobile device (which, when I've done so, is often effectively unusable).

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Thanks @Brad Littler‚. I submitted a ticket a few days ago and it was a much better experience with the 'search on every word as they're typing' feature turned off.