Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues with Layout Templates

Level 2
Good Morning, Is anyone else having issues with layout templates? I have one that I use for myself which defaults me to the reports page. We do not have SSO and as of today when I use a link booked marked in my favorites, it defaults me to the projects page. When I type in our company Workfront URL the layout template populates correctly. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Laura Mormile Excelsior College
8 Replies

Level 7
Though you have something defined in the layout template it's worth a look at your individual user preferences, I believe that any values defined there will overwrite any layout template. To access your preferences you can click your picture in the top right and then click My Settings. Hope this helps. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 2
Hi Richard, When I go to my settings, it says reporting which means it should be going to the reporting screen but it is still going to the projects page when I log in. Laura Mormile Excelsior College

Level 7
If your Layout Template says Reporting and your My Settings says Reporting and it's still showing Projects I'd open a help desk ticket. Sorry, I'm out of answers :) Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 10
what is the link that you have bookmarked? -skye

Level 2
The link that I have bookmarked says /projects but it was never giving me this issue before. Laura Mormile Excelsior College

Level 10
I can't help you with that part: you should have a more indepth conversation with your system admin about it (is Mohini still around?). If you have bookmarked a /project URL, it will take you to the Projects area. For a quick fix, if you're looking for one, change your bookmark to /reporting -skye

Level 2
I am actually a Workfront system admin along with Mohini here at Excelsior College. I recently started using a layout template as a test, prior to rolling it out to our other users. Under my settings, I have my preferences set to 'reports' when I log in. The layout template also prompts the reporting page to populate first. Because we do not have SSO for Workfront here at the College, I have saved Workfront as a bookmark to save the time of typing out. This bookmark has /project in the URL-I am going to assume that this overrides the layout template and preferences although I did not have an issue with the bookmark prior to this week. Laura Mormile Excelsior College

Level 10
correct: your bookmarked url should send you straight to /projects if that's how you have it saved.... which is something to remember as you roll out to users. Whatever they have bookmarked is whatever will come up for them. -skye