Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with single Team and multiple Companies

Level 1
I am involved with a multi company setup where some of the work flow and projects are similar across companies. I have created a project template with tasks where a company is not initially assigned. When creating an active project, the company is assigned at that juncture. Some of the tasks in the project are assigned to teams. Some of the teams include members from both companies but every member should only be allowed to see and work on projects and tasks that are associated with their specific company. All team members have been assigned the correct company in their user info. Unfortunately all team members can see all requests for both companies and have an available work on it button in their Team Requests tab. Is there a way to control visibility for this type of scenario or would I need to create a separate team for each company? Kelly Willis
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Kelly, To solve your multi company "seeing too much" situation, I suggest you consider creating a Group for each company, assign your users to those Groups (noting that some might be in both), and try assigning the Group to the Project instead of the Company. By doing so, I would expect users to then only see the Projects that belong to the Group(s) to which they have access. If that works, try putting the Company back on the Project, too (assuming that's important). If doing so then defeats the Group technique, consider forcing the User's access to see only their Company, or if that is not possible, deciding to forego the Company in favor of the Group for the latter's desired security restrictions. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads