Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there somewhere that you can find good examples of calculated field examples?

Level 1

We use the requests queue with a custom form for our customers to put in a request for a new system enhancement - we take these requests and "score" them based on their answers - for example external cost - under 25,000 = 1 , between 25,000 and 100000= 2, greater than 100000 = 3 = we calculate all of the questions and then depending on the total it goes into different backlogs (sits as issues untils OKed and priortized to move to projects) - is there a way to use a calculated field to (for example when the user picks the greater than 100000 choice a calculated field =3)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Julie,

Yes, this is possible. If I have understood your scenario correctly then you currently have a field on a custom form called 'external cost' and within this field the user can choose one of the following 3 options:

• under 25,000
  • between 25,000 and 100000
  • greater than 100000

To achieve your requirement would need to add a calculated field to your custom form and use the below code in your calculation:

IF({external cost}='under 25,000',1,IF({external cost}='between 25,000 and 100000',2,IF({external cost}='greater than 100000',3,'')))

One thing to bear in mind . . . In the above calculation we are looking for an exact match to the field selection, so make sure that the values in the code exactly match the values in the external cost field (i.e. I noticed that you used a thousand separator in some answers but not others. If your external cost field has 'greater than 100,000', but in the calculated field you have 'greater than 100000', then Workfront wont identify it as a match and will fail to do the calculation)

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Employee

Hi Julie,

For other resources about calculated fields, you might want to check out this blog post that has 2 examples of using calculated fields. We have a guide to calculated fields in custom forms in this workbook here, and for one more resource there is a Learning Path that walks you through Calculated fields and expressions in custom forms in the new Wo...

I hope between Richard and I you got what you needed today, but if not, feel free to continue to post questions and ask the community!

Kyna