Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Is there any way to customize the "My Work" area to exclude projects from certain portfolios or "something" like that?

Level 7

Try as I might to persuade users to use the Dashboards I have created for them, some still feel need to use "My Work".

I can control what projects/tasks they see on dash but we have a situation where a user now has dual roles in Mktg group and Communications. she does NOT want to see the Communication info as she does use her Dashboard for that since it's very customized but those tasks are jamming up her "My Work" view for rest.

I should prob just push back on dashboard use but thought I'd ask if anyone knows a way to accomplish this??

Teg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 8

Tegwyn,

If I had a way to accomplish this I would significantly reduce the amount of reporting we use. There is no way, to my knowledge, to combine the filter capacity of a report with the usability of the My Work/Home page.

We manage situations like these with detailed training on the sort and filter options in My Work/Home. While you can't get as detailed as a portfolio, you can tailor down pretty extensively - especially with something as manual as My Priority. We also teach them how to use the search feature specific to My Work/Home.

If your user really doesn't want to use the dashboard I would suggest showing her how all the features in My Work function. If she's still bothered by the jammed up view she may be bothered enough to switch over to the dashboard.

I'm sure this idea in the innovation lab would love your votes! @Benetta Perry‚ have you seen any movement on it? Or found similar ideas?