Expand my Community achievements bar.

is there a way to retrievable existing missing data to updated Issue Custom form?

Level 3

Hi - I need a help to find out the existing data into Project Issue's custom form. I have updated our one of project issue custom form with new fields and have removed few fields from that form. Now all existing issues we didn't see the custom data, I have re- added the field to the custom form but still I didn't see existing data. Is there a way to show old data to that custom form? Could any one please give me good advise to pull all old data to updated form. Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Md,

That is unfortunate: as you've learned (the hard way), once an input custom parameter is dropped from a form, so too is the custom data that was contained, and even if you then re-add the input custom parameter, the data is not recovered.

If it just happened, I'd suggest you log into [yourdomain].preview.workfront.com, create a view that includes all such input custom parameters, and use it to export all of the information to Excel as a backup (before preview is then overwritten this weekend).

With that Excel file in hand, you can then either re-type the data manually into [yourdomain].my.workfront.com, or if it is warranted, use our Excel Updater solution to perform the updates on your behalf.

Good luck either way.

Regards,

Doug

Yeah, I wish WF had a way to safely deprecate fields. The form/field clutter after a number of years always makes me worried if I stop to think about it for too long.