Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to create a calculated column within a report?

Level 3
I looking to get the percent of a budget spent on a report without having to create a new calculated field on a project. Is this possible? Assuming you have two columns in the report, total project budget and total project actuals. Is there a way of using text mode to compare to columns straight from the report and subtract the values to return a total within a new column? Here's what I have so far: aggregator.name=DE:IT Actual Amount PJT aggregator.valueexpression=ROUND(IF(ISBLANK({DE:IT Actual Amount PJT}))),1) displayname=% IT Budget Spent linkedname=direct namekey=IT Actual Amount PJT textmode=true valuefield=IT Budget Amount PJT valueformat=compound Thanks in advance for your help. DENISE SERIEUX-BLANCHARD Digital Program Development and Operations (PMO)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
Hi Denise! Long time no visit between your team and me...miss you all from Marriott. Catch me on my Skype account to go through this. It is a little geeky. Doug Williams Doug Williams - NETSource Consulting NETSource Consulting Helping others simplify the complexities of their Workfront installations.

Level 3
Hi Doug, Sure I'll send a skype meeting invite. It's great working with you again. Here's my contact information: Denise Serieux-Blanchard eMail: denise.serieux.blanchard@marriott.com Phone: 301.380.2401 Thanks so much! DENISE SERIEUX-BLANCHARD Digital Program Development and Operations

Level 3
Always a fun time to speak with those that want to know more about text mode. Thanks for letting me help. Doug Doug Williams - NETSource Consulting NETSource Consulting Helping others simplify the complexities of their Workfront installations.

Level 3
Big thanks to @Doug Williams who offered great insight and support on how to leverage text mode to build a calculated custom column. I was able to get a percent of a budget spent on a project. Please note using the calculated column within a report means you can't use custom filters or sort the data values. Here's the code to build for a custom calculated column within a report. displayname=Percent IT Budget Spent namekey=IT Actual Amount PJT textmode=true valueexpression=ROUND(DIV({DE:IT Actual Amount PJT},{DE:IT Budget Amount PJT})*100,0) valueformat=doubleAsPercent On a project object, we have two calculated fields pulled into a report. This formula is equating two custom fields, subtracting the values then returning the value in a percent format. Hope this helps someone else. DENISE SERIEUX-BLANCHARD Digital Program Development and Operations