Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a timeline that we will be able to add a subject to an update or search an update?

Level 1

When I was at Adobe Summit I was in a session that said that having the ability to add a subject to a discussion and searching would be coming soon.  Any update?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I haven't heard anything about that lately, but I do have a report/dashboard that can be added to the left nav of a project which allows you to search within that project for an update. I can post the notes on creating that if you're interested.

Community Advisor

Hi @BarbBaker  here are my notes for an Updates Search, I wish I could claim I came up with this, but that was @CathyGlennTFS 

• First, you’ll need to create a new report with the following items:
    • Report type: Note
    • Report Settings:
      • Report Title <optional>: Update/Note Search
      • Set the “When Report Loads, show the”: to Details Tab
      • Set the “When the report loads on a dashboard, show” <optional>: to 200 items
    • Report Prompts: Add the following objects <optional objects, add more or others if you’d like>
      • Note >> Note Text
      • Owner >> Name
      • Note >> Entry Date
      • Tick the box for “Show Prompts in Dashboard”
    • Report Columns
      • Owner >> Name
      • Note >> Entry Date
      • Note >> Note Text (we renamed this one to “User Posts/Updates”, this is optional of course)
      • Create a column for the comment link (note this is a text mode column)
        • Add column: “Switch to Text Mode”
          • displayname=Comment Link
          • textmode=true
          • valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({taskID}),CONCAT("https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/project/",{projectID},"/updates?commentID=",{ID}),CONCAT("https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/task/",{taskID},"/updates?commentID=",{ID}))
          • valueformat=HTML
  • Next, you’ll need to create the dashboard that will house the report. Take care to name this something intuitive. We named ours “Updates Search” and placed only the report we created above on the dashboard.
  • Finally, for all layout templates
    • Setup > Interface > Layout Templates > open a layout template
    • In the “Customize What Users See” box select Project from the dropdown
    • At the bottom of the left nav list select the +Add Custom Section link and name the left nav item (we named our Updates Search) and search for the dashboard you just created.
    • (optional) Drag it to where you want it in the list of items. We placed ours right under Updates

• Following these same principles, a Documents Search report/dashboard can also be created and added to the layout templates for projects if projects tend to have a lot of documents

Employee Advisor

@BarbBaker If you happen to remember which session at Adobe Summit this was mentioned in, I can reach out to the appropriate folks on the Workfront Product team for additional information!