Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a resource histogram feature in Workfront.

Level 1
Is there a resource histogram feature in Workfront. I need to prepare a visual that can planned resources for each resource or project trending by month.
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I presume you mean a MS Project like Resource Histogram? The answer is no. What I do is use the User Utilization Resource Grid, export it to Excel, and do simple line graphs on the data found there. You have to play with it a little, but you can get usable graphs that way. The challenge of getting the report directly out of WorkFront is that they don’t have a single data store that shows, by person, what their allocation is on a week by week or month by month basis. That distribution of planned hours per unit time is only found in the Resource Schedule. You can’t do a graph on the resource schedule report, sadly. The AtAppStore might have something clever that works, I haven’t checked. I’m the king of brute-forcing solutions and find an export to Excel followed by a little charting satisfies our simplistic need. Hope that helps. Eric

Level 1
Thanks Eric. Yes, I meant the MS Project histogram I am currently doing the same. Exporting data to excel from Utilization grid and create charts/visuals. I was just making sure I wasn't taking the longer route when there was something available in workfront. Thanks for validating this. What is AtAppstore , by the way...Sorry, I am newbie here. Thanks a lot for your responses

Level 10

Thank you for giving directions, Eric.

Harsha, welcome to the Workfront community. I am CEO of AtAppStore (as Eric referred to). As per our FAQ page , w e are independent partners of Workfront, and started the AtAppStore in 2009. In consultation with Workfront’s executives and employees, we have leveraged our familiarity with their WebService APIs to bring innovative AtApps to the Workfront community.

To help you with your histogram search, I'd like to direct your attention to our Capacity Charting solution, which is part of our broader JITR (Just In Time Resourcing) suite. I've also attached a screenshot from Capacity Charting, as a quick reference.

If you'd like more information, your welcome to post here, or drop me an email at

doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZiW3AAK.png