Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is Portfolio Optimizer a paid on add?

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Does anyone know if Portfolio Optimizer is a paid add on? I can't seem to find it, even after reading several articles.

Cheers.

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nick,

The Portfolio Optimiser is not an add on, but is available for Business and Enterprise plans only. Here is more detailed information on the functionality we suggest per package https://www.workfront.com/plans . Your account representative will definitely be the person to accommodate the transition.

As for the flash replacement Doug, the current version of the portfolio optimiser is not using Flash, and we turned off the flash version about a year ago. So no worries there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Anna Asatryan,

Product Manager, Workfront.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Nick,

I'd suggest you contact your Workfront Sales rep for the current specifics, but from my notes, can offer a few things to consider:

• Portfolio Optimizer has been around for over 10 years, and was included at no additional charge
  • Workfront does change its licensing and pricing periodically, (e.g. in 2018 as "Standard", "Select", and "Premium"), and although I can't find the particular reference I was looking for, my recollection was that only the latter two included Portfolio Optimizer
  • Recently, Workfront has also announced a firm date for end of life for Flash components (such as Portfolio Optimizer), so as they look towards that retirement, perhaps you have to "opt in" to such tools (so they know you know, and so they can include you on their alpha/beta/uat review of the non-Flash replacements)

As my last bullet is a bit tenuous, @Josh Boston‚ would you care to elaborate?

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Thanks for this, Doug. Good background. I'll check in with my rep.

@Tanner DeVinny‚ - are you able to advise on my inquiry above?

Cheers.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Nick,

The Portfolio Optimiser is not an add on, but is available for Business and Enterprise plans only. Here is more detailed information on the functionality we suggest per package https://www.workfront.com/plans . Your account representative will definitely be the person to accommodate the transition.

As for the flash replacement Doug, the current version of the portfolio optimiser is not using Flash, and we turned off the flash version about a year ago. So no worries there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Anna Asatryan,

Product Manager, Workfront.